Please print these directions and take them with you - that way you won't get lost!
Air & Sea Connections
to Vancouver Island & Victoria
or FROM THE VICTORIA AIRPORT (About 1 hour)
- Follow Highway 17 (Pat Bay Highway) to the McKenzie exit (exit says "Highway #1, Nanaimo").
- Follow McKenzie Avenue 3 km to Highway #1, turn right onto Highway #1.
- Go north on #1 to the Colwood/Sooke/Port Renfrew Exit #14.
- Take exit and follow "Veterans Memorial Parkway" 4 km to Highway #14 ("Westcoast Road"). Turn right. This is the only road going west, all the way to the village of Sooke.
- Go through third stop light past Sooke "downtown" and continue for 1.6 kilometres to Whiffen Spit Road.
- Turn left on Whiffen Spit Road, go nearly to the end of Whiffen Spit Rd. and then left on Dufour Rd. (note the blue government sign).
- At the sixth driveway on the right, you will see our blue & white Salty Towers sign with the lighthouse.
- Turn between the sign and the large white rock and proceed down the long asphalt driveway.
- At the end of the driveway you will see the house, suite, cottage and office.
(About 40 minutes)
- Wherever you start from, get on Douglas Street (Douglas is the main North-South street in Victoria, starts behind the Empress Hotel) and start heading North.
- Stay on Douglas Street which becomes the Highway 1 North.
- Stay on the #1 freeway until you see the Colwood/Sooke/Port Renfrew exit #14.
- Follow the directions above from that point.
BC Ferries Reservations
Toll free in BC: 1-888-724-5223
Outside of BC: 1-604-444-2890